Friday, May 1, 2015

FORGING AHEAD

with a new project!  After our quilt club's final meeting I immediately cut out a new quilt.  I have a drawer full of batiks and decided to make a "colour block" quilt with them. This is a pattern I've used several times already, and it's quick, easy and effective.





In this picture you see the cut squares along with the book that has the colour block pattern.

I cut 48, 5 3/4" squares, each of a different batik.  Then I cut 10, 1 1/4" strips WOF of the teal.

Cut the squares diagonally in half, inset the 1 1/4" strips and you have the following pleasing arrangement:

I realize the two blocks on the 2nd and 3rd row from the top have the strips facing the wrong way.

Actually that gives me ideas for something different.  How would it be to make a different arrangement of the sashing?  Could be pretty interesting!  But I think with this one I'll do the standard arrangement.  This top still needs 4" borders to fill it out to a 40" x 50" lap quilt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment