Saturday, May 9, 2015

ANOTHER BEGINNING

The colour block quilt top is finished.  It just needs borders, quilting and binding.  The pinwheels quilt top is also finished, completely sewed together.  That might get some borders added to make it big enough for a single bed.

The new project got started yesterday: a Boxy Stars by Bonnie Hunter, although I've made a paper pieced pattern from it, rather than just using strips.  I bought a pack of 24 - 2 1/2" strips in the lighter colours, as there were not many light coloured fabrics in my stash.  I'm choosing the darks to go with the lights from my stash.  It'll be a nice, bright and cheerful quilt.  The blocks are large (consisting of four smaller blocks.)  I'm thinking of doing a four block by five block setting, which would give somewhere around 48" x 60".  We'll see as we go along what seems to work.

The white fabric was on sale at $8.49 a meter, so I bought altogether 5 meters, thinking it's a good background fabric.  There are little white flowers on the white background.

There have been no comments on the blog for a long time.  I'm wondering if there's a problem getting a comment published.  That happens to me sometimes on other blogs, the comment just disappears when I click on "publish."  I do have the comments set to accept anyone, even anonymous.  Let me know if there's a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment