Friday, September 11, 2015

HOME AGAIN

 Since the Dear One came home from the hospital today at noon, I'm now free to get back to some quilting/sewing.  This afternoon I spray basted the three-layer "sandwich" of top, batting and backing of the Disappearing Four Patch quilt.  I plan to do a simple "quilt in the ditch" with this one.  And I'm looking forward to spending some time at the sewing machine after a whole week away from it.

But I don't like seeing the design board bare, so I got out some blocks for the Tradewinds that I started way back when and put them up to give some colour and movement there.


Projects on the way: the 54" x 46" Disappearing Four Patch, a sample quilt to inspire the classes at the library (beginning quilters) next Thursday; the 67" x 60" Picket Fence, a sample to inspire the Pieceful Stitchers on Tuesday the 22nd, when I demo that design; and the 105" x 105" Cascades (a long-term project) quilt for our bed in AZ.  Those three I definitely want to finish before the end of the month.  I think the Tradewinds will rest for some months before I get back to it.  I'll put that on the calendar for next February.

No comments:

Post a Comment