Tuesday, August 4, 2015

THE TWELFTH QUILT

When I was preparing quilts for all the kids and grandkids to come for our anniversary celebration I figured on 12.  Then one grandson and his significant other had to back out.  That meant I had enough at 10 quilts.  Then Jim's sister said she would come.  At that point I lost count of how many were ready.  All the blocks for the 12th quilt had been made, but not sewn together.  So I sewed them together and then realized I was oversupplied.

After the whole gang left to go home again I sat down and sewed on the borders and quilted #12.  This morning I put on the binding.  Number 12 is all done and ready to go. For the first bit I will loan it to IDA, our local quilting shop, as an enticement for others to buy the strip sets I used in making it.

The pattern is "Tradewinds" and the strip set is called "Falling for You" because of the fall colours.  The colour combination makes me think of the 70's with its oranges and browns.  It will be donated to the Pieceful Stitchers club to be used as a "comfort quilt" in case of local need.


No comments:

Post a Comment