Sunday, February 15, 2015

ON THE OTHER HAND....

When the Dear One and I were "young marrieds" I soon learned that I would drive him quickly "batty" if I said, "On the other hand...."  He wanted my "Yes" to be "Yes" and my "No" to be "No" and nothing in between.

Today I came into the sewing room and saw the backing of one of last summer's quilts--a deep, rich purple, just as I had been thinking of using for the Split Nine Patch.

 I put it underneath the Split Nine Patch quilt top and took a picture.  Often a picture shows up flaws or good choices quicker than examining something visually.  Then I put both pictures up on my "desktop" of my computer.

When I look at them this way, I think there's just no contest as to which is the better colour choice.

What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I live the purple! It's so cheerful.
    Helen H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. I had thought that purple would be the first choice, maybe a deep, vibrant blue the second. I had never even considered a rusty red.

      Delete