Thursday, February 26, 2015

AND ANOTHER

Today I went to the country quilting group and had a very good day there.  They meet every Thursday from 9 a.m. to around 3:30 p.m.  One of the group brings lunch for everyone, and today there were nine of us.

I had made the blocks for the split 9 patch last August when I visited our daughter in Ontario.  She had to go to work each day, and I amused myself by making these blocks.  Two weeks ago I sewed them all together at our town group meeting.  This week I did the machine quilting while at the town group, and today I finished it off with the binding.

I really like this quilt, and find it amazing that it looks so good with just odds 'n ends of scraps.  The red border was the finalist, and it looks good and rich.

So nice to come to the end of a project and like how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment