Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Lots Accomplished


This has been a productive time for me in terms of quilt making.  Here's a stack of quilts that are ready to be machine quilted.  Because my Janome Horizon was in for service I concentrated on making quilt tops.  The bottom quilt is a good sized quilt for a single bed, destined for my friend Susan.  There are six lap quilts in various sizes above it.  Some are for teaching examples, some are for the local long term care facility, and some are just for us to use.


I mentioned earlier that my friend S. and I had found some inspiration at a quilt show in Drumheller.  She has already finished her quilt, and what a gorgeous quilt it is!



S. started quilting just last November, and really got into it in a big way.  Her first quilt was a "rag" quilt.  She bought the material at the local quilt shop's October sale and two weeks later she had her first quilt.  It turned out very nice, and she still has it.


 Then she made a whole lot of placemats, table toppers and small pot "mats" for Christmas presents.  Since she's at the stage of welcoming new grandchildren she's been making baby quilts.

I'm delighted with the beautiful things she's made.  She picks lovely fabrics and does careful work, as you can see in this closeup of her latest quilt.  I think this is beautifully done.


S. is already working on another quilt that I haven't seen yet.  I'm looking forward to all the interesting things that she will make over this coming winter.


What an accomplishment for a "new" quilter!













No comments:

Post a Comment