Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Help with Planning Dinner

I'm not an enthusiastic cook at the best of times, but I do like to eat good meals.  This morning I was completely out of menu ideas, so I asked my good friend and walking partner, M., to tell me what to cook for dinner.  She came up with some good suggestions.

First on the menu was chicken breast prepared with a special marinade, all things I have in the house.  Then she suggested veggie skewers on the barbecue.  We don't have a grill, but we do have a large Betty Crocker indoor griddle.  That would work!  She even gave me a yellow zucchini, a huge mushroom and some lemon pepper.

I marinated the chicken breast after slicing it thinly.  I cut up two Russet potatoes and cooked them briefly in the microwave, prepared the zucchini, onions, mushrooms and several patio tomatoes.  These were all put in a bowl and mixed with some olive oil and some veggie seasonings, and placed on the pre warmed griddle for about 15 minutes.

The menu was rounded out with a spinach/dried cranberry/onion salad, one of our regular favourites.  The spinach came fresh from the garden.

What a nice meal that was!  Thanks, M., for the inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment