Friday, July 4, 2014

Finished Grandmother's Fans

I just finished the Grandmother's Fans lap top quilt.  This is very different from my original plan.  I had hoped to make a good sized quilt for a single bed, but wasn't able to make enough of the fan blocks.  So I changed the plan to making a few lap top quilts from the fan blocks. This is the first one and uses only 10 of the 33 fan blocks.

This is the fifth lap top quilt I've made since the end of April.  Pretty soon I need to get back to working on a queen sized quilt that I started a few years ago, the "Cascades" quilt.  It needs the top put together (it's in three pieces now) and borders added.


I was organizing my pictures of projects that
I've finished in 2014, checking back through
the blog to see what was published here.  I didn't find a picture of the "I Wanna Be a Cowboy" quilt that I made in May.

This is the "Colour Block" pattern from "Fun & Easy Scrap Quilting," a publication of House of White Birches.  It's a pattern I've used several times.  The fabric is from a collection called "I Wanna Be a Cowboy."  If you look closely, you can see cowboy hats and boots in the brown/beige blocks.  Each of the other fabrics has circles in it.  The border, which was the only blue that would match, also has brown circles and small light dots running diagonally. That just happened to be the perfect fabric for a border, and was on the $5 a meter table to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment