Saturday, January 18, 2014

Good Grief!

When we were in Arizona a very nice beautician gave me a very good perm.  She promised me it would last until February.  That was the 4th of November.  Eight weeks is pretty good for a perm for my very fine, very straight hair, so I took that with a grain of salt.

But here we are over half way through January, and I'm still hanging in there with that perm.  Some days it looks not too bad.  Other days I can't stand it.  But since I'm so close to going back there early in February, I'm determined to wait and get my next perm from her also.

Tomorrow morning we have to leave early for High River, a two hour drive, where Jim is scheduled to preach at the morning service.  I won't have time to wash and dry my hair before we leave, so I'm trying  this: old fashioned hair rollers.  I'm hoping they will give enough lift and shape to my hair that I will be able to look decent tomorrow without too much effort.

I remember when we were girls in high school we rolled our hair on curlers pretty much every night.  I even remember sleeping with rollers in my hair.  What price beauty?!!!

Hope this works!

2 comments:

  1. I remember sleeping with huge hard plastic rollers to make my hair straight in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you have to be high school age to go to those lengths to "be beautiful!"

    ReplyDelete