Saturday, March 23, 2019

THIS IS BETTER

I removed the "too dark" block and substituted the same background but with an orange pinwheel.  I like that better.  And I finally got to IDA on Friday to choose some new border and binding fabric.  I thought it would be blue, but the blues available did nothing for the quilt.  Ange and I both thought this very spring green polka dot was a good match.
In the meantime I ordered another meter of the multi-coloured stripe from the quilt shop in Blackfalds.  That will be the bigger border and the binding with be more of the spring green polka dot.

It's a really colourful quilt.  I just hope my friend likes it.  She's still waiting on the baby, who is over a week overdue.  Our first was 13 days past due date.  So due dates are kind of an approximation.

One thing I have learned from making this quilt: I am quite "sure-footed" when working with bright fabrics, but my judgement in pastels is not as reliable.  I seldom venture into pastels, and realize that I need to examine them carefully on the design wall before sewing them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment