Friday, March 8, 2019

THE CURE FOR ENNUI

Today I was feeling kind of "becalmed" in spite of shovelling snow and baking bread.  I needed to finish something, to achieve a feeling of accomplishment.

I had been working on hand stitching the binding to the back of the Jacob's Ladder quilt.  I'd forgotten how awfully long hand stitching takes.  It made me feel like I was "running in place."  So I picked up the Practically Perfect Pinwheels quilt and made a binding for it.  I had bought the fabric on Monday.  Usually I put a border on a quilt and then apply the binding, but this quilt was already plenty large for a lap quilt so it is finished simply with a binding.

It took three hours to finish the whole project, mainly because I made a label, and I'm new at doing that on the Janome 9400.  But it turned out well:

The fabrics for the top were given to me and are not in my usual colour choice, but I really like this quilt for how colourful it is.  And I think the green binding is perfect.


Probably a good idea to start cooking supper now, as we like to eat just a bit after five p.m.  On the menu tonight: Steelhead Trout, mushroom risotto and asparagus.  YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment