Friday, March 15, 2019

A BIG TREAT

 I had a really nice treat today.  My dear friend M took me out for the day.  I knew only what time she would pick me up and what time we would be back home, but not where we were going or what we would do.  This was an advance celebration of my birthday, which is coming on Sunday.

So I dressed up rather nicely, put on make up and was ready to go at 9 a.m.  We drove to Red Deer and stopped for coffee at a Second Cup.  I had a new drink there: a White chocolate Maple something.  OOOOH, that was delish!  We shared a fat slice of cranberry bread, also yummy.

Then we drove on to Blackfalds to a very nice quilting store.  M. is not a quilter, but she knows what I like!  So many beautiful fabrics to oooh and aaah over.  I did buy seven cuts of nice "baby" fabrics for the quilt I want to make this weekend.  I had previously bought a "Maple Cuts" package--a lot of 10" square fabrics, but didn't really like all of them, so this new purchase will be combined with what I had to create this new quilt.  As soon as we got home I cut and sewed two of the blocks:
The block on the left I made a few days ago, according to the pattern, the yellow background and purple background I made today.  I like the pinwheels better of a matching background, all four squares the same fabric.  I think this quilt will be quite a bit of fun.  I need six of these pinwheels and then six other blocks made of 4 fabrics in each block.  I'll think about borders and binding later.  But already I wish I had bought more of the striped fabric.  I bought just .3 meter of each of the 7 fabrics I found today.

M did buy some fabric to make some placemats.

Then we went out for lunch to a Thai restaurant in Red Deer.  I had never had Thai food before and found it delicious.

We did a little shopping in a mall and then picked up some ink for my printer and ended up at Costco, filling up a shopping cart with good food.

Home before 3:45, which was M's limit.

What a lovely day, and how very sweet of her to think to do that for me!  Plus, the weather was mild and the sun shone brightly.  THANKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment