Sunday, March 17, 2019

FUN WITH FABRIC

My usual Sunday afternoon is spent playing with fabric.  Today I was making blocks for a baby quilt.  Here's the first set up of the 12 blocks:
After I had a good look at them I got rid of the purple squares.

I thought that looked better.  I substituted the orange and the light green for the purple.  The green on the right is being auditioned for an inner border.  It didn't make the cut.  So here's the quilt top as it is now.  Can you guess which block is going to be replaced?

This is the correct orientation.  There will be a narrow inner border, then another border.  I'm thinking that bigger border might be half square triangles in the various fabrics used in the quilt top.  And then a binding, same as the inner border.  I will look in my stash for the border and binding fabric, but I'll probably end up buying that fabric.  Tune in again tomorrow and see what I find.  

No comments:

Post a Comment