Monday, December 18, 2017


Well, the fastest sock that I ever knit: cast on Thursday morning around 6 a.m., bound off on Sunday evening around 6:30 p.m.  Gone from home for 5 1/2 hours on Thursday, 3 hours on Friday and 1 1/2 on Saturday.  Still too sick to go to church on Sunday, and still too under par to do much but the minimum of housework and cooking, so lots of time for knitting, reading and crossword puzzling.  Result:

This looks a little lumpy.  It needs to be "blocked"--dampened and patted flat.

There was a problem near the end:
See that knot in the yarn?  That's a real no-no, especially in a self-striping yarn!  It creates a break in the repeated patterns.  I'm going to write to Patons about that.  This shouldn't be there!

Fortunately with my vast experience in knitting I was able to work around it.  I cut the yarn at the knot, found a length of dark green in the remnant of yarn that was left in the ball and used that to continue the pattern.  Then found remnants of white/black and of dark blue to finish the sock.

Now I'm going to take a break from socks--always dangerous to do in between two of a pair, but I WILL get back to this pair.  In the meantime, I plan to knit a scarf.  I made one this fall and gave it away before I took a picture.  Went back and bought some more of the same yarn to make another one.  There'll be a picture of that scarf when completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment