Tuesday, December 12, 2017

LATEST SOCKS

Last Friday I woke up feeling like myself again.  What a surprise!  There were still a few "hurdles" to accomplish, but today is my first day completely free of headaches and feverish feelings.  What a blessing!

I was able to go back to my latest sock knitting project:
This is a pair for our grandson, Zack who has a birthday on December 20.  I made a pair of socks for Zack some years ago and he loved them.  So here's a new pair, made with Patons Kroy Sock yarn, a colour called "Singing the Blues."  I like how they are turning out.  

When I use self striping yarn I try to get the two socks to match, by pulling out the yarn end from both balls (socks take two 50 gram balls) until I have a colour match.  Thought I had it here, but it's a little off.  The finished sock ends with three repeats of the medium blue.  This second sock with need four repeats of that blue stripe instead of three.  Hope that doesn't matter!  I don't think Zack will mind.

Also today my quilt club back home in Alberta held its annual Christmas party.  We have some fun with gifts each year.  We don't draw names, but we each bring a hand made gift representing about $15 to $20 worth of materials--or whatever.  I had a bit of fun with that this year: I bought a gift certificate to IDA where we buy our yarns and fabrics, wrapped it in a little note that was a gift certificate for a pair of made-to-measure, hand-knit socks that I will make for the person who dared to choose as their gift a tiny envelope.  I wonder who will get the socks!  And I wonder what present my friend Carroll picked for me!  Lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment