Saturday, July 29, 2017

RAGGY QUILT

The sewing of the raggy quilt is finished just now.  It's a very quick quilt to make--up to this point.  Now it needs to have all those "on top" seams clipped, then it needs to be washed and dried at least once.  Because it's flannel it should fray quite well.  I will post a picture when it's finished.  So far I like it a lot.

I added an extra fabric, 1" wide, around the edges and then pressed it over.  That will give the edges the same amount of "rag" as the inner seams.

I sewed this quilt on my portable Janome, the School Mate that I bought when I first started going to the town quilting club.  The bigger machine that I had at that time was not suitable for taking to those meetings.  This is a mechanical machine and utterly reliable.  It was an excellent investment (a little dark in this photo as the sun was shining brightly behind it.)

Next up: My friend Shirley (one of three Shirleys whom I count as friends) was kind enough to make this label for the "Entwined" quilt for me on her embroidery machine.  I really like that she put the design alongside the letters, as the design is entwined!

I'll press this, iron on some wonder under, and apply it to the bottom backing of the quilt.  That needs to be finished before next Saturday, as DD#2 and the two "grands" are arriving for a visit that day.  Much to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment