Sunday, January 31, 2016

A CANTATA

This afternoon our church choir gave a cantata about light and darkness that our conductor, Dave Lien, had put together from various sources.  It was dramatic and very successful.  A wonderful finish for me to this year's involvement in the music program at Lord of Life Lutheran.  It's been a big blessing to me to be part of that church.  I've been made to feel very welcome and have been able to use my (meagre) talents in the services, both in the choir and with violin playing.

We had our final rehearsal for the cantata yesterday, Saturday afternoon.  I was sorry to miss the chance for another swim in our community pool, but Jim took advantage of the sunshine and warm weather to sit in the sun at poolside and enjoy reading his library book.

Thanks to Barb Hunter for the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment