Saturday, June 28, 2014

Uh Oh

Yesterday evening I finished painting the balcony floor, in spite of the fact that there was rain forecast in the overnight and the directions for the Vinyl ReFresh specify "no rain within 24 hours."

The rain did wash some of the ReFresh off.  You can see on this photo the dividing line between what was painted on Wednesday and what was painted between 8:30 and 9:30 last night.






This shows how the colour has washed off and pooled in the slightly lower areas.

In the foreground you can see the mixed results: some still painted, but lots washed off.

Should have followed directions! and not hurried to finish the first coat.  Monday is forecast to be clear all day.  Should have waited until then.

The part that I painted before 8:30 survived the rain.

I will have to repaint the area that was affected before I roll on the second coat.  However, I'm still happy with how this is turning out.  Without the rain it would have been wonderful.  And still most of the area is fine.  That's a lesson for me: FOLLOW DIRECTIONS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment