Friday, January 25, 2019

TODAY'S FUN

So in keeping with what I wrote yesterday, here in midday are some snippets from today:
this morning Art Group met in the Art Room.  Friday mornings from 9 to 12 a few of us gather in the art room and work on our projects.  Some are working on alcohol inks, some on pastels and some on watercolours.  I started a project last week and it is more or less finished now:
I think, as my friend Jeannie said there needs to be a larger yellow area on the bottom.  This was my first venture into this sort of painting.  It's watercolour on Yupo paper, a very shiny, slick surfaced paper on which the paint will slide and run.  If you don't like it you can just wash it off.  I had done two similar beginnings last week.  The other picture died when I worked on it this morning.

Then Marcia, another friend, came into the art room and said she was going to Michael's for some yarn.  She is a prolific knitter of scarves and shawls.  I've been wanting to buy one more ball of Patons Kroy Sock Yarn in Cascade Colors so I went with her.  That was fun, yarn shopping with a knitting friend!  

Then we stopped by Steinmart and she found a leather-looking long tan skirt with two stripes of "leather" lacing down the front--very attractive.  We looked at shirts to go with it, but ended up going back to her house and finding a perfect coordinate in her closet--which is really, really full of clothes.  About 10 times as many of everything, at the least,
as what I have here.  It was a lot of fun for both of us.  She said, when she dropped me off at home, Anytime you want to go shopping, give me a ring and I'll go with you!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... this is quite nice. Rather than a large yellow area, I think it needs a small yellow patch, quite saturated perhaps, and almost by itself, in the bottom right corner.

    ReplyDelete