Sunday, January 27, 2019

A MUSICAL SUNDAY

Choir sang at the 10:30 service this morning, a simple and effective anthem based on I Corinthians 13:13, "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love; but the greatest of these is love."  I have one more choir rehearsal this Thursday, one more service to sing in, and then it's back to Alberta.

And this afternoon at 3 p.m. the Sun Cities Community Orchestra gave an hour long concert in Temple Beth Shalom.  The cantor sang several songs with us, such as "The Impossible Dream," "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and "Old Man River."  He has a great voice and it sounded very nice.  Orchestra was crammed together on the stage, but it all worked out o.k.

That's the end of orchestra for this season for me.  They are giving a concert four weeks from now, and I had hoped to remain here for that, but it's not working out.  Nevertheless, I am very grateful for the time I have here and all the enjoyable activities available.

No comments:

Post a Comment