Saturday, January 26, 2019

BEAR CREEK SOUP MIXES

 Have you ever tried Bear Creek Soup Mixes?  They are really, really good!  Tonight we're having Bear Creek Chicken Noodle Soup, with additions of course.  I always add things to new recipes or packaged mixes.  Actually, I hardly ever use packaged mixes, but for chicken noodle soup I do.
Since this package has been opened the "Bear Creek" is missing from the top of the package.  What was added?  Three carrots, cut up, several slices of onion, cut up; some leftover rice and green lentils; four turkey meatballs, cut up.  If I had other leftover veggies, I would add them also.


Usually on Saturday we have burgers for supper.  That's pretty standard.  I make our own patties out of lean ground beef, a handful of quick oats, some oregano, some basil, some nutmeg (a very little), some powdered garlic and some chili powder, mixed together with one egg, beaten.  For the Dear One's burger I use ground chicken or turkey as he doesn't want to eat beef anymore.  But the frozen burger patties and the burger buns are all used up and there's only one more Saturday for us here, so I didn't want to make another batch of patties.

The other Bear Creek Soup Mixes are equally good.  We especially like the Cheesy Broccoli Soup, and the Potato Soup Mix, both with additions, of course!  

No comments:

Post a Comment