Monday, January 30, 2017

THIS ONE MISSED THE MARK

Dear Son #1 likes toques.  Sometimes I knit for him and sometimes his sister knits for him.  This year we both made a toque for his birthday.  Mine missed the mark:

He usually likes colourful, but this proved too colourful for him.  It was the yellow that did it.  Maybe I'll keep it for myself (that's me in the photo).

When I make a gift for someone it's theirs to do what they want with it.  It doesn't bother me at all if they don't like it.  They can give it away, and I'm fine with that.  Once I made my sister a chenille vest.  She didn't like it and asked if she could give it to a friend.  That was fine with me, and the friend thought it was the neatest thing in her wardrobe.  Rather someone who likes the object than someone who won't wear or use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment