Sunday, August 17, 2014

Split 9 patch

I had the happy privilege of spending this past week in Niagara Falls, visiting our Dear Daughter #1.  That visit came up rather suddenly, and the plans worked out perfectly for the past week.  It was a real treat!

At the last minute I grabbed a package project I had put together this past year.  It had a pattern for a split 9 patch block, lots of light and dark 2 1/2" squares.  As an after thought I added a bag of 3" squares, just in case I needed them. Well, that was a good thing because I DID need them to make the 1/2 square triangles.

Dear Grandaughter #1 had moved out last February, so I set up a sewing room in her former bedroom and spent many happy hours sewing these blocks.

This lap quilt needs just one more row of six squares added to the right.  I think it's really attractive and enjoyed making it, as a time filler while DD#1 was at work.


No comments:

Post a Comment