Saturday, September 7, 2013

A Little Side Trip

Been a busy week, like always.  No knitting because I have a "trigger finger" on my right hand.  No doubt it came from knitting too much.  I "throw" my stitches, so my right hand is always flicking back and forth.  The ring finger started hurting in March, but I stupidly kept on knitting.  Finally had to give it up, or have permanent problems with that finger.

Last week there were a few nights when I woke up around 2 or 3 a.m., and sleep was finished for the night.  Sometimes, that's an advantage.  You get an extra four or five hours to your day!  So early Wednesday morning I used those four hours to cut out squares for a baby quilt.  My dear friend M's daughter is expecting a baby in December, so I wanted to get started on that.

I chose a simple design by reducing the rows in a pattern that I had done before.  It's almost all half square triangles with just a few plain blocks.

It went together very easily and last night I finished sewing the top together.  Now it needs some batting and some backing, some machine quilting, probably just stitch in the ditch as there is enough going on in the quilt itself.

When I look at this picture I see one square I should have exchanged, but otherwise I'm quite happy with it.

Today I will get back to S's quilt.  The first half is now spray basted and ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment