Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Full Steam Ahead

 This is my first full week of retirement, so what am I up to?  All the usual, and then some!

Sunday afternoon my student M. gave a small recital at the old folks home here.  She played pieces from Suzuki books 4 and 6.  For the Bach Double Violin Concerto I played with her.  J.B. accompanied us, and did a wonderful job of it.  The old folks were very appreciative and really enjoyed our little concert.

Then Jim and I made an offer on another condo in Arizona, the smallest unit this time, just as a stopgap because we've rented out the unit we have there.  So Monday morning I walked into town to get a statement from the bank that, yes, we can put our money where our mouth is!

Today we were busy trying to wire the earnest money to the title company.  Cross border transactions are a hassle!

Before 9 a.m. I had done the weekly laundry and washed the windows at the back of the house.  What an improvement that was!  M. and I had our vigorous walk together, during which we decided I would chauffeur her parents to the airport tomorrow afternoon.

Late in the morning I tackled the railing on the balcony, which S. had scraped.  The light grey is the primer.  I will paint these areas with the brown topcoat later this week--or whenever I get around to it!

Dinner was served at 2 p.m. and then S. arrived for a violin lesson.  She's been my student for several years, progressing through books 1, 2, 3, and currently 4 of the Suzuki Violin Method.  We both enjoy the lessons so much (I think I can speak for her on this) that they last for quite a while.  Why stop when you're having fun!

I still need to get some baking and cleaning done before D.S. #2 and family arrive on the weekend.  Plus finishing the knitting and sewing of gifts.

Frankly, I think this is a typical retirement week.  And actually, would I have it any different?

No comments:

Post a Comment