Sunday, April 7, 2013

Interesting Block

I came across an interesting block yesterday while I was reading some quilting blogs.

I was going to tell you how to make this "Disappearing 4 Patch" but it would be better to make one and illustrate each step with a photo.  Perhaps tomorrow?

I just had to try it out.

I want "nesting" seams to keep my corners sharp, but this block just defeats me!  I've made 9 of the little buggers now, and still don't have a good, consistent way to press them.  That will make them hard to sew together.

In S's quilt I am able to nest every seam, and that makes it very easy to sew together with precise points meeting.

So, what shall I do with these?  Put them into the "orphan block" bag, which is already overflowing?  Or make 33 more and create a scrappy lap quilt?  How did I get started on another project?

1 comment:

  1. It might be hard to sew together but I do like the looks of this one!

    ReplyDelete