Tuesday, June 18, 2019

FUN DEMO DAY

Yesterday I was at IDA where The Fabric Nook is located from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., doing a "Demo Day."  The subject of the demo was this quilt:
This is the second quilt I made on the "Charming Baby" quilt pattern, with the 3D Pinwheels.  The demo was devoted to showing how to make the 3D Pinwheel blocks.  We had a small but fairly steady stream of people interested in seeing how the blocks were made.

I had prepared blocks for another baby quilt and pinned them to a display board, made from one of those very old, folded cardboard design boards we used to use in our home sewing.  I had covered it up with a picnic table cloth, with the flannel side out.  It worked well.  You can see it to the right. 

Mostly when no one was there to see the demo I made the four patch blocks for between the pinwheels.  When I had a lot of time I bought a charm pack of 5" squares in kind of fall colours and cut them up for a new Midi Bag.  I'm going to demo that in Mary's Quilt Shop in July, and she needs a few to advertise that class.

There was a good set up in the fabric area with a table for sewing, cutting and pressing.  I finished all the Pinwheel Blocks that day.  Soon I can sew that quilt together and donate it somewhere.

It was a very enjoyable day, and I got a lot accomplished.  In September I will be doing two Demo Days on paper piecing.  The first one extremely simple as all the pieces are made with either 1 1/2" strips or you can make them with 2" strips.  

Some time ago I made some placements from this pattern, Tessellated Leaves, which I got off the internet.  And about two years ago I made a wall hanging for our AZ condo from that pattern, very enlarged, from placemat size to wall hanging size.

No comments:

Post a Comment