Friday, June 7, 2019

A SNOW DAY

Believe it or not, it snowed here today.  The day started cold and stayed cold.  I think our high was about +3ºC, or not far above freezing.  But we didn't have it so bad!  West of Calgary there were at least 4" of wet snow.  We're not complaining because we really, really need moisture.  Hard to imagine that the north of Alberta is still suffering wild fires and here we had a dump of snow today.  But Albertans take pride in being able to handle a surprise like this.  We just tough it out!  (As if we have any choice!)

I had a nice finish today to a lap quilt that my friend Susan asked me to make for her.  Work started on it this past weekend; I did a lot on it yesterday and today I was able to finish sewing on the binding.  On my give-away quilts I sew the binding to the back, press it toward the front and sew it down on the front by machine.  I think it's pretty cute:

No comments:

Post a Comment