Sunday, November 18, 2018

THE WEEKLY ROUND

When we are in Arizona I have a fairly "dense" weekly schedule, which I've mentioned before.  So it never seems as if there is something worthy of blogging about--or that everything is worth blogging about, which is just too much to handle.

As the week starts with Sunday, it begins with church service either at 8:30 or 10:30 and that includes singing in the choir, which I love doing.  This morning I also played a violin piece during communion, Count Your Many Blessings, a very simple piece, but one that enables people to think of the words, and in that way adds to the worship.  Last week Sunday afternoon the orchestra played a very patriotic concert, it being Veterans' Day.

Tomorrow morning I look forward to practicing on the pipe organ for two hours.  I'm working on a new piece for Christmas based on "O Come All Ye Faithful," a spritely cheerful piece of music, and also reviewing "Sheperhds Carol" based on The First Nowell. Usually Monday afternoon is spent at the swimming pool.  Tomorrow I will also drive my sister to her eye exam appointment.

Tuesday means more organ practice, another two hours of concentrated enjoyment.  This Tuesday I have to go to the village's back gate and wait in line for a new windshield sticker that will automatically open the gate for me to go out or in.  I'll take along my knitting to occupy me while I wait in line for the sticker.  Fortunately this is a once-off happening and doesn't need to be done every year.  I'll also pay the Cox bill for phone, internet and t.v.

Wednesday usually means orchestra practice from 9 to 11 a.m., but we will not meet this week as this is the day before Thanksgiving.  Instead in the evening there will be a combined Thanksgiving Service with the neighbouring churches: the Synagogue next door to Lord of Life and the Methodist Church next door to them.  This is a yearly affair and very enjoyable.  The Lutheran and Methodist choirs are combined to sing a wonderful anthem of praise.  And, according to some--best of all, the service is followed by a pie social.  I plan to make one of the Cranberry/Pecan pies for that affair.

Thursday is U.S. Thanksgiving day.  Our older son will be with us and we will join many others in the village restaurant for a Thanksgiving feast.  The best part is not having to cook!

Friday I have an appointment to have a perm at Walmart and realized after I made the appointment that that day is BLACK FRIDAY!! Oh, Oh.  Good thing the beauty salon is right inside one of the doors, so I can sneak in and out and try to avoid the crushing crowds that are expected.  For the life of me, I cannot understand why people are willing to suffer through that experience just to save a few bucks!  I'd rather do without that battle  through crowds to buy a new t.v. or whatever!

Saturdays are given to a quick but reasonably thorough cleaning of the condo--with Jim helping by doing the vacuuming.  Yesterday the vacuum for the rugs died an abrupt death.  Dennis is looking at it to see if it can be revived, but it's a hand-me-down, so no great loss if it's at an end.

Saturday day afternoon is sister time.  Joanne and I usually go to Starbucks at a nearby Barnes and Nobles for a coffee or latte, a good visit and perhaps a look at some books.

And then, before you know it here comes Sunday again!

So while we are here I am quite busy, quite "scheduled up" but it all seems kind of everyday and not worth blogging about.  My original intention with this blog was to keep our kids informed on what was happening at their parents' home.  If others read it, that's fine but the intended audience is quite small.

Have a wonderful week!  If it includes Thanksgiving Day (U.S.A) may you be blessed and may you recognize your blessings.  If you reside other places, the same good wishes go to you.  HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment