Tuesday, November 6, 2018

IN MEMORY OF MARCY

This past Sunday our church celebrated All Saints Day.  We light a candle for each member who passed away during the last year.  We also have a large bouquet of white roses, with one red rose in the middle.  Anyone who lost a loved one in the past year is invited to take home a rose in his or her honour.
We are appreciating this beautiful white rose in honour of the memory of Marcy, a dear
friend who died last March and is deeply missed.

When we returned to AZ my friend Nan, who also loved Marcy, remarked to me that she often thought she saw Marcy at a distance and then realized that it was impossible.  Marcy is gone.  I hadn't had that experience.  But now, being back in AZ I do think I catch sight of Marcy, and have to suffer that disappointment again.  I guess it's because here is where Marcy was, here is where I knew her.

This beautiful white rose is an appropriate tribute to Marcy, who was a beautiful soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment