Saturday, July 28, 2018

ANOTHER NEW MACHINE!!!

Last week I had the joy of buying another new sewing machine.  The excuse this time is that I plan to take my Janome 7700 to Arizona this fall and leave it there, in case we switch from driving back and forth to flying back and forth.

This new machine is a Janome 9400 and it has tons of new features.  It will take me a long time to explore all of its capabilities. This is not a wonderful picture because of the bright sun trying to shine around the window shade, but it gives you an idea of what the machine looks like.  It has pretty much the same "footprint" of my 7700. 
                      

I started today with my basic quilt piecing.  This will be what I do most often on this machine, and already I think it's super.  It has a setting for 1/4" seams that works like a charm.  I made a few blocks in the "Practically Perfect Pinwheels" design that I will be demonstrating at IDA, the local drug store which includes a very good quilting fabric and accessories department.  They already have a finished Pinwheel quilt to let quilters know about the "demo day" and I've started another from strips of fabric I had set aside for that pattern.
There are enough strips cut to make two large lap quilts which I will take to AZ to donate there.  Or maybe, donate one here and one there.

No comments:

Post a Comment