Monday, July 23, 2018

A CUTE QUILT

I just finished making a quilt for some friends of mine.  They gave me the materials and the pattern.  It's flannel, very good quality material.  I think it's just really cute!
It's really fun to make a quilt with material and pattern picked out by someone else.  It takes you to a place you wouldn't ordinarily go.  This was a simple quilt and should have been finished in a day or two, BUT -- at first I thought the polka dots in the sashing and borders would be too busy, so I was going to substitute a white fabric.  That was fine with them, but there was no white flannel available locally.  I ordered online from a supplier just an hour's drive from here.  It took 2 days short of two weeks for the fabric to arrive!

Then when I did start using the plain white for the sashing I realized it wasn't the right choice.  It was just too bland.  So then I went back to the polka dots, and now I think that it's just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment