Thursday, April 13, 2017

YEP, A PLAY DAY

 You wouldn't think that a play day meant standing by the cutting table, cutting 3" and 2 1/2" squares all morning, would you?
But that's what happened.  Dig through all the leftovers and scraps.  Press and cut, and soon there are enough squares for half of a planned lap quilt.

The tall piles contain 120 cut squares.  I found a few ready made 1/2 square triangles.  And even cut a few more 3" and 2 1/2" squares for the second half.

In a few weeks I will spend a day sewing at IDA where we have a fine fabric section, complete with thread and notions, even yarn for knitting.  If we didn't have that here in town, we'd have to drive a hour to access a fabric store.  So I try my best to support our local quilt shop.  The plan is that I will demonstrate a Split 9 Patch some day this summer, by sewing in the fabric department for most of the day.  In preparation for that I'm cutting squares.  

Now I think it's time to start sewing on the big project, the Entwined Quilt.  It would be nice to make some progress on that quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment