Saturday, May 25, 2013

Fiddler

 Last night my friend Jan and I went to the local amateur musical theatre production of "Fiddler on the Roof."  It was excellent!  But then, we here in our small town have come to expect that.  Year after year we are treated to wonderful, high-quality performances.  My special treat this year was the actual fiddler on the roof, my most advanced violin student, who played beautifully, setting the mood at the beginning and helping the play along at two times during the action, and ending the play with the nostalgic last rendering of the "fiddler" theme.  It was a treat to hear her play, and so gratifying that she's reached that level.

It has been my pleasure and privilege to have her as a student these past two years, but now she has mastered all I have to give as a violin teacher and will be moving on next year to another teacher who can take her further along the path of accomplishment.  Congratulations, M.!  I'm so proud of you!

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous treat for you to hear her perform! and know that you taught her reach this level is rewarding - even if you only give yourself a pat on the back! Congratulations Louise

    ReplyDelete