Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Finish

The socks I'm making for my dear Sis's birthday are finished!  And none too soon, either, as her birthday is this coming Thursday.  Plus the socks have to travel to Michigan in the mail.  Any guesses how long that will take?

I did try them on, and do they ever feel good!  Soft, warm, cozy! I hope they fit her well and that she will enjoy them for a long time.  They are that good combination of 75% superwash wool and 25% polyamid, a yarn called "Step It Up" from Mary Maxim.

Socks are a good project because they have enough challenges to be interesting, are not so huge that they take a long time to knit, and are generally much appreciated as a gift.

A strange thing happened the other day.  We have several small balls around the house for Dickens to play with when he's bored.  But they disappear very quickly.  I find them underneath the couch in the living room sometimes.  They also turn up under the stove or fridge in the kitchen.  Sometimes I find them downstairs under the sectional sofa there.  But this one turned up very unexpectedly in his food dish in the back hall.  How in the world did it get there?

1 comment: