Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Not Much

Not much unusual happening lately.  Regular teaching, reading, knitting--almost finished with the lacy shawl.  I want to finish that by this weekend, because the following weekend we hope to see our friend and give the shawl to her.

I'm also eager to start knitting the "Double Heelix" sock pattern from Knitty.com., but won't start that until the shawl is finished.

Yesterday we had a meeting of the town quilt club, from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.  I spray basted this wall hanging together and got started quilting it.  It's a Lorraine Stangness design and kit which I bought two years ago.  I figure it's time to finish it and have it hanging somewhere by the time spring arrives.

We're enjoying a milder than usual winter here.  Jim is able to work outside or in one of the greenhouses almost every afternoon.  And I've gotten myself out the door two mornings this week for a brisk  2 1/2 mile walk, minus my walking partner, who is stuck at home with a broken ankle.  She's doing well, but it will be a while before she can even put some weight on it.

Grammilou's Bookshelf
I want to recommend an excellent book that Jim and I have just finished reading:
The Social Animal by David Brooks, subtitled "The Hidden Sources of Love, Character, and Achievement."  Extremely well written, very interesting ideas and insights.  This book will help you understand yourself, the people in your family and workplace, their motivations and idiosyncrasies. A very worthwhile read.  I heartily recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment