Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Finish

Last night I finished the shawl for Hilda.  Here's a photo of it being blocked on the spare bed.  It's still on the Denise needles with the longest cable possible.  I did that to give the edge some stability while it was being blocked.

When it was completely dry I  bound it off loosely.  It's not quite as long as I would have liked, and somewhat wider than I preferred, probably due to my change in the needle size from U.S. 11's to
U.S. 9's.  But I still think it's very pretty.  What doesn't show up in the photo is the little bit of sparkle throughout as the yarn included a small percentage of metallic.

I started this shawl on January 17, and finished a few other projects in the meantime.  We plan to go down to Southern Alberta this coming weekend and plan to see her then.  I'm happy that it's finished and can be given to her then.  We just have to hope that the heavy snowstorm predicted for Saturday/Sunday doesn't materialize!

No comments:

Post a Comment