Thursday, November 3, 2011

Cat and Choir




Two new things in my life:
Meet the newest member of the family.  This young cat followed Jim home the other day.  We think he was
part of the passel of cats that live around the tannery.  I think he's quite young, and he's quite determined to live in our house.  When he showed up I fed him and petted him and encouraged him to live in the garage.  Having a cat on the place would really help to keep the mouse population in check, and this is quite an appealing young cat.  Before the weather turns very cold, I  would like to take him to a vet and have him wormed and neutered, so as to turn him into a good house cat.  We'll see what happens.

I think I'll name him "Trippy" because he has that cat habit of walking crosswise in front of your feet.

I took a 30 second video of him curling around my feet, purring his heart out.  But it somehow won't upload to blogspot.


The other new event in my life came about this week when the all-around-assistant at the Arts Academy where I teach some violin students told me that she was desperate to find someone to conduct the Community Choir for the annual Christmas Concert, coming up on the 25th and 26th of November.  She didn't know that I have decades of experience leading church choirs.  So when I agreed to do the Community Choir this November she was delighted.

Last night (one day after I agreed to do this) we had our first rehearsal.  Marilyn had picked out two appropriate choir pieces, and I found two more in my files. They are fairly simple pieces, since we will have just four rehearsals before the concert.

I really enjoyed the rehearsal; I've always enjoyed group music rehearsals, whether string or voice.  We had one bass, three tenors, five altos and four sopranos.  A balanced group to start with.  Perhaps other singers will join us when they hear that we are going ahead with a choir for this year.  I hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment