Saturday, April 6, 2019

TWO NICE DAYS AND A SURPRISE

The last two days were devoted to quilting.  Thursday I spent the day at Shirl's Girls, making Disappearing Four Patch Blocks.  I had some, five I think, from a demo day at Pieceful Stitchers, and wanted to continue making some, eventually enough for a large lap quilt.  That was the first time I made it to Shirl's Girls this year.  I want to keep in touch with that group of women.  It was a good day.

Friday I went to the Red Deer Quilt Show with Shirley and Dena Adams.  What an enjoyable day that was!  I've gone with those two women for maybe three years now, and always enjoy their company very much.

The Red Deer Quilt Show is always very good.  There are lots and lots of quilts entered, and around 40 merchants have booths around the edge of the Centrum.  Lots of wonderful quilts on display, lots and lots of tempting merchandise for sale.  I bought a variety of things: a good glue (a drop will hold down a corner of fabric for you), some good machine needles, some rotary cutter blades, a pattern, two groups of fat quarters, five in each to use with a pattern, Bermuda Sunrise, that I bought a few years ago, and some superior gold thread for machine quilting.  That will add some real "pizzazz" to some future quilt!

I do have a quilt started in the Bermuda Sunrise pattern, in blacks and whites with a deep red accent square.  The pattern was actually designed for batiks, so now I have the basic batiks for that quilt.  But I need to finish the black/white/red quilt top first.  It's in the "line up."

And then I was told by friends that the Jacob's Ladder quilt I had submitted won a ribbon! I was so surprised!  I didn't expect that at all.  So here I am with the winning quilt:
Sharon J. kindly took a picture with her cell phone and emailed it to me.  What a pleasant surprise that ribbon was!

No comments:

Post a Comment