Saturday, April 20, 2019

NUMBER SEVEN!

Just now I finished sewing the binding on quilt #7.  That's seven quilts completed since February 10, a real record for me.  Of course, they are all lap quilts, not a bed-sized quilt among them.

This quilt was begun years and years ago, as a way of using of remnants.  I had made a king-sized quilt for our daughter about twelve years ago.  The black background fabric in this quilt was some of the leftovers from that quilt.  Now and then I made a star block out of these fabrics.  In line with trying to finish up old projects I took this out of the cupboard, made two more blocks and put them together.  So this did not take a whole lot of sewing to finish.

I really like how this turned out--and am somewhat tickled by the one block with a pink background.  I think that keeps the whole quilt from becoming boring!

Last post I mentioned that I should someday make a Disappearing Four Patch with some darker colours rather than the brights and white that I commonly use.  It surprised me to discover that I had recently started just such a quilt.  In March I did a "demo" day at quilt club for the Disappearing Four Patch.  I had made up a method whereby all the seams nested and even all the seams that meet when the blocks are sewed together will nest.  For that demo I had cut squares from my stash of odds and ends, and they were all in darker shades and combined them with various beiges.  I have enough squares cut to make 42 blocks, for a six by seven setting, just like the D4P in the last post.  So this will definitely be the next old (just by a month or two) project that I work on next.


No comments:

Post a Comment