Tuesday, April 30, 2019

CUTTING SCRAPS, PART 2

Well, this is cutting scraps again, but with a difference.  This morning I cut 28 light and 28 dark 4" x 8" pieces from odds 'n ends out of the stash.  A lot of it came from the quilt I made a while ago for DD#2 and her husband.  I've forgotten the name of that quilt, but here's the photo:
These were just the right colours for the pinwheel blocks.
                          
But this time, instead of tossing the scraps into that drawer, I dealt with them immediately.  I cut the 4" x 8s" from a strip and then, if there was not a lot of fabric left (and quite often there wasn't) I immediately cut the remnant into useable squares.
They went into the appropriate piles on the pressing table.  

Later in the day I emptied the drawer of the mess of scraps left, placing them in a tray for cutting later this week, and set the separate piles of 2", 2 1/2" etc. squares neatly into the drawer and put them away.
So lovely!  So neat and organized!  This just delights me.

Half of the pinwheel blocks are made.  The other half are ready to go, just in case the weather is as cold and blustery tomorrow as it was today.  My walking partner phoned around noon and we both agreed, "It is NOT a day to be outside!"

No comments:

Post a Comment