Thursday, May 2, 2019

PINWHEELS AND PATCHES

Just now I finished the blocks for the newest quilt, Pinwheels and Patches.  I miscalculated slightly, thinking that I needed 14 right-hand pinwheels and 14 left-hand pinwheels.  I actually needed 12 of one and 16 of the other.  I removed two the worst right-hand pinwheels and made two new left-hand pinwheels.  Now all the blocks are complete and just need to be sewed together. They are laid out on the flannel back of a cheap tablecloth.  This can be rolled up and the blocks will stick to the flannel and stay in position.


I plan to add a narrow inner border of colour then a wider border of beige and bind it in a coloured binding.  This was a quick quilt to make as I had most of the squares for the 4 by 4 blocks already cut and in a container.

The weather continued nasty until today, so I got lots of sewing in this week, and also managed two days of sorting and cutting scraps.  I will give away a whole lot of scraps, as that's as much sorting and cutting that I care to do.  Now I'll discipline myself to cut scraps as I cut out a quilt.  Everything is nicely organized, so then I just need to "file" them in the right box or drawer and they will be ready to be used.

Next up: finish the blocks for the Disappearing Four Patch and put that quilt together.  Then I can get at a tote bag and pillow with 3D Pinwheels for IDA to show prior to the "demo" day for 3D Pinwheels.  The two baby quilts with those pinwheels are complete.  The tote bag and the pillow shouldn't take much time.

So many interesting things to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment