Thursday, June 28, 2018

THE KALE HARVEST

About the end of April I seeded a package of kale into a big pot for on the patio.  Today I harvested a good amount of lovely, small leaves.  How did we want to use this kale?

I looked in my few cookbooks but didn't find a recipe that appealed, so I made up my own version.  In a 12" teflon frying pan I put about a teaspoon of Sesame oil and a good hunk of butter.  When it was melted and hot I added 2 cloves of garlic crushed and about 1/4 cup of chopped onion.  I shredded a large carrot in the Cusinart and added that.  When that had sautéed for a bit I added the washed and stemmed kale.  Add a good shake of "Vegetable Seasonings" and some raisins.  Sauté until the kale is wilted and serve.  It was delicious!  I'll do that again some time.

Now I wish I had taken pictures of the process, but maybe next time the kale is ready to be cut I can remember.

Just got back from a week in Fort St. John, B.C., a visit to our younger daughter's family that included our grandson's grade 12 graduation.  He plans to take his first year of college there and then transfer somewhere that has a good accounting program.  We had a very good time with them, in spite of almost continuous rain, low temperatures and dark skies. I flew there and back with WestJet for just under $300, flights of just 1-1/2 hours--SO much easier that a 10 hour drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment