Saturday, June 2, 2018

PRACTICALLY PERFECT PINWHEELS

Several years ago I made a queen-sized quilt of patches and pinwheels.  I struggled with the pinwheels and I mean really struggled!  When that quilt was finished I promised myself that I would never make pinwheels again.  But that quilt is pretty nice.  It’s the quilt that covers our bed here during the day.  We don’t sleep under it’s too heavy.

But then one of the members of our quilting club brought a pinwheel block that she had made according to the directions on the Missouri Star Quilt blog.  It was very nice BUT all the outside seams were on the bias.  That didn’t look so good to me.  I decided to try to make up a method which I liked.  After a few tries I did succeed in finding a reliable way to make a pinwheel block that had the bias seams on the inside, and the points almost always turned out well.

With the left over material from a recent quilt another pinwheel quilt is taking shape on the design wall.

Well, this was an experiment.  I typed the entry on my new iPad, took a photo of the pinwheels with my iPad, but was unable to move the photo to the blog entry.  That's stumping me.  There surely is a way to do that, but I haven't found it yet.  So I took a photo with my camera, downloaded it to my laptop and finished the post that way.  I'd like to be able to do all that with the iPad, as it would be much less hassle when travelling.

Maybe when I visit our daughter and son-in-law, he can show me how to do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment