Saturday, July 6, 2013

Not Quite Finished!


This week Dear Son #2, our Dear Daughter-in-law, and their two girls were here for a visit.  The original plan was for them to come about the middle of the month, but plans had to be changed.  I was preparing some presents for them. The girls received snuggly fleece blankets.  DDIL was given 12 Christmas Tree napkins (yet to be completed).  DS was up for a pair of hand knit socks, made from this luscious yarn (Peruvian wool, Alpaca yarn, and nylon in a deep blue).  I was concerned about fit, but went ahead with what I was doing.  Alas!  They were significantly too tight.  These beautiful blue socks will be unraveled and the yarn saved for a future pair.  The grey version is coming along nicely.  I'm up to the first heel, and these have been tried on his feet at intervals.  They left this morning, so the rest will have to be knitted by measurement.

Before they came I cleaned up the lower floor and made up beds for them.  I sprayed the corners of the rooms with a version of Raid that eliminates spiders.  DGD #1 is arachniphobic, so I wanted to prepare the room to be comfortable for her.  But I had missed something in my preparations.

DGD #2 lay down on her bed, looked up at the ceiling and said, "I don't want to sleep in this bed!"  Stuck on the grid under the light was a dead mouse!  I hadn't looked up in my cleaning preparations.









Obviously this mouse had been dead for a while!  It was desiccated, as are mice who have eaten "mouse bait."


One good thing: the mouse was dead!  We could just throw him out and not worry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment