Wednesday, August 22, 2018

HELLO AGAIN

The Thursday after my last blog post our dear daughter and two grands arrived for a visit. That's always such a pleasure because not one of our four kids and no grands live closer than a 10 hour drive.  This is being just a great summer because three of the kids and three of the grands either have been here or are still planning to come.  And we hope to see some of them around the turn of the year again!

That Saturday the garden harvest took off.  This is what S. and I picked that day:
She helped me with the snipping and preparing.  The carrots are all washed and in the fridge for present eating.  The beans were processed and yielded 15 pints.  That's plenty to have on shelves downstairs.
 
 There has been lots more from the garden.  We are eating most of it fresh.  I've been making a "vegetable stew" from Fava Beans, onions, zucchini, tomatoes and bell peppers. That's a nice filling meal that we've had several times in the last few weeks.

Our t.v., which we've had since 1986, started doing strange things.  After we turned it off, it would turn itself back on, display static and emit and VERY LOUD static sound.  I was afraid it would explode!  So this Monday I went to Red Deer and asked a lot of questions at London Drug.  Mike patiently answered them all and guided me to what would be a good choice for us.  A Samsung 43" 1080P LED Smart t.v. came home with me.  It's all hooked up and we are really enjoying it.  I'm the techie here, and not much of a one, but I did manage to get it set up.  The funny thing is that we need to use the new remote to turn it on, control the volume or mute it.  To change channels we need to use the remote that came with the HD Bell Express Vu satellite box.  If we knew a bit more about these things, we might be able to do better, but this works for us.  It's a much bigger, brighter picture than the old RCA.

And today I finally was able to get at the latest quilting project.  This sample Pinwheel quilt top is now finished.  It will go to the IDA as an unfinished top, i.e., not "sandwiched" and quilted.  That will allow those interested to examine the back and see how the seams are pressed.  There is already a completely finished Pinwheel quilt there, meant to interest quilters in a "Demo Day" in September when I will demonstrate my method of making Pinwheel Blocks.  When I have the directions all printed out I will post them on the blog.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment