Friday, February 1, 2019

A VERY INTERESTING PURCHASE

Today I received an original painting that I purchased in January.  I first saw this painting in a show at Art Headquarters, and thought it was the best in show.  It struck me as a very joyful painting.  That was a year ago.  Then this January I saw it again at an art show at WHAM and realized it was for sale.  Oooh!  I would really like to have that painting.  A week later I was talking with my friend Nan Adams who knows the artist, Karen Mayfield.  We discussed the painting and she encouraged me toward a decision to purchase it.

Nan set up a meeting between Karen and myself, and I bought the painting.  It had to remain in the show until yesterday.  Today Karen brought it to Sun Village where Nan and I met her.

On Friday mornings the "Art Group" meets in the art room from 9 to 12 (approximately).  I had brought some sparkling juice, some grapes and small "cinnamon cheesecakes"--bite sized goodies.  This was a little party to welcome the painting to its new home, and also a little "goodbye party" as this is the last Friday of the season for me at Art Group.  I had hoped to have Karen celebrate with us, but she was on her way to other appointments, so we just had the little celebration with those of us who came to art room this morning.

The painting is resting on the back of our sofa right now.  I need to borrow a "stud finder" and get some nails in the wall.  When it's hanging where it belongs I'll post a picture of that.  In the meantime, here's a picture of it, with Karen, hanging up in the show at WHAM.


I am renaming this painting "Joie de Vivre."  Karen agreed to the change of name from her original title "Fragmented Emotion."  I feel that it expresses a lot of joy.  The red squares seem to dance.  I look forward to years of enjoyment with this purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment