Monday, September 3, 2018

A MISTAKEN BLOCK

Today I sewed together the Jacob's Ladder quilt top.  I'm really loving the combination of fabrics and they are far from my usual palette.  At this point the borders are just stuck onto the design wall, not sewed onto the quilt.  I need to buy more of this gold fabric so that there can be whole borders, not so many pieces.  And we need some more for the binding.  There are just scraps of the purple and of the batik left.  Fortunately there will still be more of the gold to finish a border and binding, as that was a very recent purchase.  For the backing I'm thinking a nice purple flannel would be a good choice.

But as I sat looking it over just now I saw that one block was sewed together wrong.  It's still very "fixable" I just need to remove a few seams, turn things around and sew it back together.  

Can you spot the block that needs fixing?

No comments:

Post a Comment