Wednesday, October 25, 2017

TWO FINISHES

Last Friday at Art Group I finished the basket of fruit picture.  I guess I'm satisfied with it. It was a "lesson" picture in a workbook.  I did change it just a bit, especially in that I gave it a background.  The original was also very light.

And just now I completed and hung up in the second bedroom the quilt I started the middle of August when DD#2 and the two wonderful grandkids left after a week's visit.


That was originally a paper piecing pattern for a placemat.  I drafted it up a whole lot and then took fabrics from my stash to create it.  The red is a bought fabric.  There just wasn't an appropriate fabric in the stash.  I'm calling it "Autumn" because of the colours and because the original pattern is called "Tessellated Leaves."  I had intended the background to gradually become darker from upper left to lower right, but one of the fabrics does not fall in the right order for that.  It was discovered too late to remedy, so I decided to just accept the way it is.

When I made it I had no idea where it would end up, but after buying the new (second-hand but in prime condition) sofa bed I realized that "Autumn" should grace the wall above the sofa.  All in all, I'm pretty happy with it.

I have another finished painting from last year that needs to be framed and hung in that room also.  I do love handmade things!

No comments:

Post a Comment